Preparing For Childbirth - The Journey Called Motherhood
Preparing for childbirth is one of the most important things to do when you are expecting. Preparing during pregnancy is more important than ever before.
It may come as a shock that the United States is the most dangerous country in the developed world for birthing mothers, and it’s getting worse! While most countries’ maternal death rates are going down, more women die from childbirth-related problems in the US than they did decades ago (Source ).
The advent of more technology is not saving us. Bigger, better hospitals are not helping. New rules have failed to deliver safe deliveries. We have more money than most other places in the world. It hasn’t helped. The failure of our maternity care system is responsible for many of the deaths. We will never reach the level of safety that other countries have while these holes exist in training, protocols, and institutional responsibility.
Pregnancy by Design answers these issues by empowering women with person-centered childbirth education.
You can’t change maternity care nationwide before the baby is born. What you can do is protect yourself. You can learn how to avoid many of the problems and pitfalls, like unnecessary cesarean and inappropriate induction, that can lead to increased risk. You CAN be prepared for your birth by preparing during pregnancy with quality education about birth and yourself.
Pregnancy By Design was designed to help you do just that. Our state-of-the-art, online program of pregnancy and childbirth assessments, courses and library of information ensure that you get the best available support and childbirth education for you, the birthing person.
Our tools take into account who you are as a whole person – your personality, your beliefs, and your health – to help you make more informed and personalized prenatal care and childbirth decisions. A big factor in how your birth goes is the birth provider you have and the place your baby is born.
We help with choosing a provider and a place of birth that’s right for you! Beyond that we supply you with tips on how your personality affects mental coping with labor, labor comfort measures, and much more to give you a comprehensive childbirth education.
Pregnancy By Design:
- Provides a multidimensional, personalized assessment of your knowledge concerning birth & physiology
- Suggests the type of birth best suited to you
- Helps you select a provider and birth place based on your beliefs and needs
- Identifies how you can best prepare for childbirth based on your personality and temperament
- Offers pregnancy and childbirth education and encouragement throughout your pregnancy
- Answers your questions about pregnancy and birth using credible, research-based sources
- Sends you week-by-week health information throughout your pregnancy
- Helps lower your stress levels with regular affirmations and support
- Provides postpartum triage and discharge assessment to help you identify problems
- Show you when to worry, when to call your midwife or doctor, and when to call 9-1-1
Unlike popular pregnancy tracker websites and apps, Pregnancy By Design walks you through the physiological aspects of the childbearing year and helps you identify your educational and medical care needs.
Pregnancy By Design Can Help You:
- Choose the best birth care provider for you
- Plan and prepare for a safe delivery with the minimum interventions
- Feel in charge of your pregnancy care, understand what’s happening and what your options are
- Learn how you can work with your providers to ensure the best possible outcome
The Pregnancy by Design program walks you through the information you need now, what your options are, and what to talk to your midwife or doctor about.
Your medical provider keeps you safe, and we keep you in the driver’s seat. Giving birth in the United States is still quite safe, but when you have the knowledge and confidence to select and design the care you personally need, it can be fulfilling and empowering as well.
Check Out Our Step-by-Step Pregnancy by Design Pregnancy & Childbirth Program Below!
My Birth Profile Assessment
Begin by taking My Birth Profile Assessment – the only pregnancy tool of its kind! The Birth Profile Assessment helps uncover areas you need to focus on during your pregnancy based on your:
- Knowledge & Beliefs about Birth
- Personal Health
When you take the assessment you will have a better idea of which type of provider you should consider seeing and where you may be most comfortable giving birth. You’ll learn how labor might be for you in light of your personality, and how to leverage key strengths to have the best birth possible for you and your baby.
The Birth Profile gives feedback as to how you as an individual can manage and cope better during labor. Additionally, the personalized feedback you will receive after taking the profile assessment syncs with our Beyond the Birth Plan online childbirth course – providing you with a customized childbirth course!
Complete Guide to Writing a Birth Plan
Next, sign up for our Complete Guide To Writing a Birth Plan, which walks you through every aspect of planning for your birth. We supply you with a personal action birth plan, as well as a one-page birth plan template to give to your birth team.
The birth plan we have created has room to add your Birth Profile scores to keep you organized so that you can focus on the key areas of your birth planning – all in one simple, printable guide.
40 Weeks to a Better Birth
40 Weeks to a Better Birth delivers weekly pregnancy tips, updates, encouragement, recipes, pregnancy exercises & more to help you prepare for childbirth. We’ll send you the information you need to have a happy and healthy pregnancy and be in the best position possible when you welcome your baby into the world!
Beyond the Birth Plan Childbirth Course
Now that you’ve completed your birth plan and Birth Profile Assessment – you want to make sure YOU are personally prepared for childbirth! There are lots of birth courses and classes out there. This birth course is different. Beyond the Birth Plan focuses on YOU, the laboring person, instead of a one-size-fits-all method for birth.
Labor is a unique and individual experience for each woman, so shouldn’t your childbirth class be unique to your personality and values, too? Our online childbirth course is tailored to you – helping you learn your best way of birthing – based on the profile we determine through the specially designed Birth Profile Assessment.
This Self-Paced Course Will Help With You With Things Like:
- How you may personally experience labor and how you can prepare for labor based on your strengths and weaknesses
- How to improve your pregnancy and childbirth experience, regardless where and how you choose to birth
- Choosing the provider who is the best fit for your pregnancy and birth care
- Choosing a place to give birth that is right for you
- Gaining knowledge of birth choices, options and comfort measures
- Feeling confident and prepared on your delivery day no matter how your labor unfolds!